Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday night, back from Portrush

I have two words to describe how I feel.  Exhausted and sore.   Everywhere we went we hiked, up hills, down hills, to the shore, back from the shore.   My calves are screaming and to top things off, I fell in the shower tonight and now my arms and back are sore.   Oh well, it was worth it and I have wonderful memories and pictures to remember the weekend by.

It was a beautiful day, the sun shone and the wind was much calmer.   We slept in a bit and took a taxi to the Dunluce Castle.   They had a great audio/video tour that led you around and showed what it probably have looked it back in the 16th and 17th century. 


 Then we went to Castlerock.    Below are the House remains we toured where the Mussenden Temple was.    We walked through a forest for a while and the temp really rose.
Below is a picture of the temple which was actually a library right on a cliff.  It was filled with books and had a huge fireplace.   Now they use it for weddings.  It is completely empty inside.



Then we went back to Portrush and bought our train ticket to get back to Belfast.    The man said to expect delays due to a problem with the line and that we may have to take a bus along the way.     We had a nice lunch at the habour.  I had lamb with mint and dressing and it was fantastic.    We finished around 3 and I was stuffed.    We collected our bags at the B&B and then walked to the train station.   The city was packed with people since the sun was shining.   Everyone was enjoying  Portrush.

We boarded the train and at the first stop we had to change trains.   Right before we got off they said we had to get on a bus.   So we headed to the station and by then they told us that the line was clear and to get on the next train.    So the train went smoothly and there was no delays.    I slept the whole way back.

We got checked back into the Premier Inn just fine, skipped dinner and now time to get some sleep.
I saw lots of dogs today as they were enjoying the nice day too.   It made me miss everyone at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment