Friday, June 15, 2012

On my way...

I left the house at 8:45 still on a conference call at work to go to the airport.   Joe, my father-in-law drove me.    I had a non-stop flight on Southwest from Denver to Boston and slept most of the way.   The last few days at work have been super busy and stressful so fatigue had caught up with me.   I really have not been able to get excited about the trip until just now.

Once I got to Boston I had to get my bags and then check-in at American for my international flight.   I have a 4:45 hour layover so I found a quiet spot to recharge all of my electronics, do my work email, wrap up some more work.   I am now officially on vacation time and can now focus on the class.    

I realized I left my camera at home so will be reliant on my camera phone which I think that is ok.    I saw a Legal Seafood right outside of security so I plan to pack up and go back out, have a nice lobster dinner before I have to board at 9:45 pm.   No offense to the Irish, but it may be the best meal I have for 2 weeks!

So I plan to sleep on the plan and wake up as we land in London then take a one hour flight to Dublin arriving 1:25 pm.    To adjust to the time zone, I plan to go running and maybe do some walking about town to stay up as long as I can, 7 or 8ish and then get a good night sleep.    We have to check in at the Trinity college apartments around 3 on Sunday and then have our first meeting.

Bye bye to the USA!




No comments:

Post a Comment