Sunday, June 17, 2012

Saturday's Blog

Hi - I've been off the grid for quite a while due to my phone being dead and internet at the hotel being down.   Still can't get my electronics to charge so I'm writing fast before my battery dies on my laptop.   I missed my connecting flight to Dublin in London, but was able to get on the very next one.   I only waited an hour and traveled on Aer Lingus.   I  reached my hotel around 4:30pm which was actually better since I was trying to stay awake until 8 pm.   I was going to go for a run outside but the wind was blowing 25 mph and was pretty cool, so opted to go to the hotel exercise room and use the treadmill.  

After exercising, I went to dinner in the hotel restaurant which always feels a bit awkward when you are by yourself.    I was in by 7 pm so got the Early Bird discount, 3 courses for 25 Euros.   After that I read a bit and took my Advil PM and slept for the next 14 hours.  

Woke up at 10 am and I worked out and I'm now repacking so I can get out of the room by 12 noon.   I will be taking a taxi to Trinity College to check-in to my apartment for the next 2 days.    We  have a 5 pm meeting with the professor and then tomorrow start attending lectures by several Irish leaders all day.  

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment